Free Webinar: “U-joints: New designs, misalignment ratings, and how to choose suitable features”
Helical Products Company is partnering with Design World on Tuesday, October 17th to present a free webinar, “U-joints: New designs, misalignment ratings, and how to choose suitable features.” Attend this informative webinar to gain insights into Helical Product’s new line of standard u-joints and how to specify the correct part number for your application.
Universal joints (also called U-joints) transmit rotating power through angles that are much larger than those possible via flexible couplings. No wonder then than U-joints are ubiquitous power-transmission devices used in an array of industrial machines, medical, aerospace and off-highway applications. In this webinar, we explore new options for design engineers that need to employ U-joints — as well as some of the key parameters that dictate which variations are suitable for a given machine axis.
Viewing this program you will learn:
- The basics of U-joint design and their applications
- How to save time and money with new standard-offering U-joints; how different attachment options (set screws and clamps) allow designers to tailor setups to a given axis
- How new offerings in U-joints now give engineers access to fast delivery of standard U-joints — in stock and ready to ship within 24 hours — so end customers can build prototypes faster
- Where standard U-joints are readily available and more cost effective than custom-manufactured product
- How single-piece U-joints with no moving parts work; where U-joints of different materials excel and where an added Helical flexure can optimize designs
- The basics of U-joint misalignment ratings and their importance during specifying
Join Derek Evans and Michael Haber, Product Design Engineers at Helical Products, in this webinar hosted by Design World as they cover everything you need to know about u-joints and Helical’s new product line.
Register here for this webinar to attend live or receive the archived link that can be viewed at any time.
Title: U-joints: New designs, misalignment ratings, and how to choose suitable features
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 30 minutes
This presentation will begin on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.
Audience members may arrive 15 minutes in advance of this time.