The HELI-CAL® Flexure Concept... ...using HELICAL Products
Helical has over 50 years of experience designing and producing Flexures for use in products ranging from encoders to spacecraft. Helical's many products are cost-effective and versatile. Here is a brief overview of the many variations of HELI-CAL Flexure products that can be used to control mechanical movement.
- Standard Couplings Our most popular product, using single piece construction, the HELI-CAL Flexure concept, and any combination of bore diameters, materials, or end connections.
- Custom Couplings If our Standard Coupling is not the right size or you need more performance then inquire with Helical about designing and manufacturing a Custom Coupling to fit your specific requirements. Our Application Engineers will work with you to choose the best material, incorporate your specific features and attachments, and design a HELI-CAL Flexure to provide you with the optimal flexible coupling for your application.
- U-Joints The "HELI-CAL Flexure" is an advanced u-joint solution that generally exceeds the capabilities of traditional u-joint designs. A Helical u-joint is really a flexure capable of over 5° of angular misalignment. It may accommodate up to 90° of angular misalignment in certain circumstances. This type of u-joint will also compensate for axial and parallel misalignment.
- Make Your Part Flexible Do you already manufacture a part that would benefit from making it flexible? Do you have specialized manufacturing equipment or excess manufacturing capacity for making your own parts, but you want to incorporate a HELI-CAL Flexure to add versatility and functionality? Contact our Application Engineers to discuss our service of “generating a Helical Flexure” into the blank you provide. This can provide a cost effective way to add Engineered Elasticity to your design.
- Machined Springs The most demanding compression, torsion, and lateral spring applications can benefit from the HELI-CAL Flexure concept. Overall system designs can be enhanced because HELI-CAL Flexures increase precision, require less space, and reduce costs.