Free Webinar: "U-joints: New designs, misalignment ratings, and how to choose suitable features"Helical Products Company is partnering with Design World on Tuesday, October 17th to present a free webinar, "U-joints: New designs, misalignment ratings, and how to choose suitable features." Attend this informative webinar to gain insights into Helical Product's new line of standard u-joints and how to specify the correct part number for your application. Universal joints (also called U-joints) transmit rotating power through angles that are much larger than those possible via flexible couplings. No wonder then than U-joints are ubiquitous power-transmission devices used in an array of industrial machines, medical, aerospace and off-highway applications. In this webinar, we explore new options for design engineers that need to employ U-joints — as well as some of the key parameters that dictate which variations are suitable for a given machine axis. Viewing this program you will learn:
- The basics of U-joint design and their applications
- How to save time and money with new standard-offering U-joints; how different attachment options (set screws and clamps) allow designers to tailor setups to a given axis
- How new offerings in U-joints now give engineers access to fast delivery of standard U-joints — in stock and ready to ship within 24 hours — so end customers can build prototypes faster
- Where standard U-joints are readily available and more cost effective than custom-manufactured product
- How single-piece U-joints with no moving parts work; where U-joints of different materials excel and where an added Helical flexure can optimize designs
- The basics of U-joint misalignment ratings and their importance during specifying
This presentation will begin on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.Audience members may arrive 15 minutes in advance of this time.